Doctor’s visits are sometimes real pain, but we try to be there for you when you need us, at your preferred time. Simply follow these few steps to ensure a stressless visit.
Instructions for Patients Receiving Injections
Before your injection:
You should stop taking any aspirin products and blood thinning medications 5 days prior. (Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Plavix, Coumadin). You may continue to take your regularly prescribed pain medications.
You should wear comfortable clothes to your appointment as you will be asked to change into a gown upon arrival.
You should shower and/or thoroughly bathe the morning of your procedure.
After your injection:
You can expect to be sore for 1-3 days after your injection, this is normal. If you are getting a steroid injection, the medication can take up to 7 days to fully begin to relieve your symptoms.
You may resume your aspirin/blood thinning medications later the same day of your procedure unless specifically instructed otherwise by our physicians.
You should plan to follow up with your physician 3-4 weeks after your injection to discuss how you are feeling.
WHAT TO REMEMBER
CHECK WHEN YOU HAVE TIME
• Plan for a convenient time
• Obtain your referral
• Obtain any report, film, or disc of radiology
• Obtain any medical records relating to your pain
ARRIVE IN TIME
• Arrive at least 30 mins to your appointment time
• Fill any forms as required
• Provide a picture ID
• List of medications or medication bottles
• Your co-pay (If required by your insurance
• Your referral (If required by insurance)
ARRANGE CHECKUP DATE AND TIME
• Call the office and confirm your date and time
• Provide your insurance information
• Print and fill the new patient information forms
FINISH THE CHECK UP
• Check for any referral
• New medications
• Next appointment